Register for our quarterly newsletter and other updates. Sign Up
His Will Homes provides services in one of the country's most diverse areas. The diversity of our community takes many forms. It includes every facet of life. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to reflect on the communities we serve. We commit ourselves to promote a better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity, a commitment that is best realized through our individual and collective effort. We see relationships as critical and work to build them through the love, respect, and support of every person we come in contact with or who is part of our organization.
HWH is professionally and personally committed to respecting the rich diversity of people who receive, live, and work in our services and use our resources. Our services must empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. Our programs, activities, and interactions are enriched by accepting and respecting each other as we are. We are guided by the principle that diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people and we were designed to live in a loving community where we can all learn to thrive.
As an organization dedicated to improving the human condition since our founding, we recognize that we can only be successful by welcoming all and driving toward a world where everyone is provided the same opportunity to thrive. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees, members, and stakeholders bring to the table shapes our shared culture and HWH's reputation and organizational achievement.
HWH defines diversity, equity, and inclusion as:
- Diversity Is having representation across a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and views.
- Equity means fair and equitable treatment, access, opportunity, and engagement for all,
- Inclusion Environment that respects and values all perspectives, especially ensuring that persons within historically underrepresented groups are included and represented.
To achieve our goals, we expect the following:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees, members, volunteers, and others aligned with our organization.
- Teamwork and participation which allows for all group and employee perspectives to be represented.
- To proactively include a diverse group of volunteers, program committees, panels, and speakers who present unique perspectives and guidance so that outcomes of these activities apply to all.
- To embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all activities delivered by HWH using the mandate to love our neighbor.
- HWH volunteer groups, such as our Board of Directors, Advisory Councils, Fellows, and HWH staff, are diverse, so our work and interactions benefit from various perspectives and insights.
- To serve any and all in order to reach a wide range of people.
All who associate with HWH are responsible for always treating others with dignity and respect.
Any employee, volunteer, or stakeholder found to have exhibited inappropriate conduct or behavior against others may be subject to removal from membership, termination of employment, or other disciplinary action. Associates who believe they have been subject to discrimination in conflict with HWH's diversity, equity, and inclusion principles should escalate the matter to HWH executive management.